Saturday, Oct 22, 2022 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Sunday, Oct 23, 2022 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
If you are new to sailing, this course is recommended before taking ASA 101: American Sailing Association Basic KeelBoat Certification.
- Lunch & Water bottle for daytime courses.
- Layered clothing (weather shifts in our 8 micro-climates from t-shirt to jackets quickly) Dress in layers; fuzzy or warm pullover or zippered vest, a shirt, (short sleeve in summer and long sleeve in winter).
- Synthetic pants are suggested vs. cotton Levis or sweats. They to repel water vs soak it up.
- Waterproof or water resistant jacket, windbreaker or wind shirt,
- Sun protection: Hat with keeper, sunscreen
- Chapstick – especially in winter
- Sailing gloves or some kind of gloves that leave your finger tips free. (we also have gloves for you to borrow if you do not have your own yet)
- We supply a Lifejacket to be worn when on the docks or boat. If you have one already, great, you can bring your own.
- Bring a small duffle or bag to contain and protect all your gear. There is space in the boat cabin to store them where they will not get wet.
- Sailing or tennis shoes with white, neutral color or non-marking soles. Closed toe shoes please.
- Keepers for regular & sunglasses
- If you are very concerned about humidity or water: a zip lock bags can aid in protecting valubles, or simply leave them at home
- Knee pads can be useful, if have experienced uncomfort during similar kneeling activities
CLASSES ARE HELD REGARDLESS OF WEATHER except extreme weather. Rain checks = Rescheduled Courses. Arranged if conditions are too extreme for students.
We look forward to seeing you sail!
- Sea Gal