Saturday, Apr 22, 2023 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Sunday, Apr 23, 2023 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
BK1 - Member
BK1 Basic Keelboat
Leaders: Anthony Schwab
If you are new to sailing, this course is recommended before taking ASA 101: American Sailing Association Basic KeelBoat Certification.
- Lunch & Water bottle for daytime courses.
- Layered clothing (weather shifts in our 8 micro-climates from t-shirt to jackets quickly) Dress in layers; fuzzy or warm pullover or zippered vest, a shirt, (short sleeve in summer and long sleeve in winter).
- Synthetic pants are suggested vs. cotton Levis or sweats. They to repel water vs soak it up.
- Waterproof or water resistant jacket, windbreaker or wind shirt,
- Sun protection: Hat with keeper, sunscreen
- Chapstick – especially in winter
- Sailing gloves or some kind of gloves that leave your finger tips free. (we also have gloves for you to borrow if you do not have your own yet)
- We supply a Lifejacket to be worn when on the docks or boat. If you have one already, great, you can bring your own.
- Bring a small duffle or bag to contain and protect all your gear. There is space in the boat cabin to store them where they will not get wet.
- Sailing or tennis shoes with white, neutral color or non-marking soles. Closed toe shoes please.
- Keepers for regular & sunglasses
- If you are very concerned about humidity or water: a zip lock bags can aid in protecting valubles, or simply leave them at home
- Knee pads can be useful, if have experienced uncomfort during similar kneeling activities
CLASSES ARE HELD REGARDLESS OF WEATHER except extreme weather. Rain checks = Rescheduled Courses. Arranged if conditions are too extreme for students.
We look forward to seeing you sail!
Class for Wes Riley's two friends. He will be serving as 1st Mate, class is limited to 2 participants for that reason. Have it set to 1 participant until Wes's second friend is added.